BARBADOS HISTORIC CHURCHES
In Barbados there are approx. (60) Historic Churches, most of them over 100 years with some dating back to the 1600s.
During the 1600's, because Barbados' only accepted religion was Protestant it resulted in all the Parish Churches being Anglican. By 1629 they were (6) six Parish Churches on the island.
After some years all (11) parishes had its own parish church, each having its own unique architectural style and history.
The first parish church is said to be between St James Parish Church and St Michael Parish Church.
FIRST (6) SIX PARISH CHURCHES IN BARBADOS
- The St Michael Parish Church (Now St Michael's Cathedral)
- The St James Parish Church
- The St Peter Parish Church
- The St Lucy Parish Church
- The St Thomas Parish church (Now St Andrew's Church)
- The Christ Church Parish Church
Below you will find Historic Churches of Barbados, inclusive of a list of Parish Churches on the island.